The 2015 WCS Premier League Season 1 finals kick off this week! The three-day event in Poitiers, France will feature one of the most diverse finals lineups we’ve seen in recent years. With 16 players from all over the world, this truly international competition will crown 2015’s first WCS champion!
A handy summary of all the essential general information about the event.
- Where? Gamers Assembly in Poitiers, France
- When? April the 3rd to the 5th 2015
- Schedule: See below
- Homepage: http://www.starcraft2.com/WCS
- Stream: http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en
- Tickets: Premium three day passes available online as "Entrée visiteur - Pass 3 jours"
- 16 of the best international StarCraft II players will take the stage in Poitiers on their quest to hoist the 2015 WCS Season 1 trophy and win their share of the US$145,000 prize pool and the WCS points that come with it.
Get to know the diverse contestants of the Season 1 finals here.
Race: Zerg | Group: A | Nationality: Finnish
Race: Terran | Group: A | Nationality: South Korean
Race: Zerg | Group: A | Nationality: German
Race: Zerg | Group: A | Nationality: Chinese
Race: Zerg | Group: B | Nationality: Norwegian
Race: Protoss | Group: B | Nationality: German
Race: Zerg | Group: B | Nationality: Australian
Race: Protoss | Group: B | Nationality: Chinese
Race: Terran | Group: C | Nationality: South Korean
Race: Protoss | Group: C | Nationality: Polish
Race: Zerg | Group: C | Nationality: South Korean
Race: Zerg | Group: C | Nationality: French
Race: Protoss | Group: D | Nationality: Finnish
Race: Zerg | Group: D | Nationality: Canadian
Race: Terran | Group: D | Nationality: Taiwanese
Race: Zerg | Group: D | Nationality: Danish
Check out the complete brackets right here.
A tournament of this scale deserves the best broadcasters, and we’ve assembled the perfect casting teams.
The full talent lineup for the event is as follows:
English broadcast team
- Stage Host: Sue “Smix” Lee
- Panel Host: Shaun “Apollo” Clark
- Analyst: Daniel “Fenner” Fenner
- Commentator: Kevin “RotterdaM” van der Kooi
- Commentator: James “Kaelaris” Carrol
- Commentator: Nathan “Nathanias” Fabrikant
- Commentator: Yoan “ToD” Merlo
French broadcast team
- Commentator: Alexandre “Pomf” Noci
- Commentator: Hadrien “Thud” Noci
- Commentator: Emmanuel “MoMaN” Marquez
- Commentator: Yann “Anoss” Lotte
- Commentator: Benoît “Imre” Jugnon
- Observer: Alexandre “FunKa” Verrier
Please note that French will be the main language at the event.
A complete overview of the 2015 WCS Season 1 finals schedule.
Friday, April 3rd - Group stages
- 15:00 to 17:00 CET: Group A matches
- 17:00 to 19:00 CET: Group B matches
- 19:00 to 21:00 CET: Group C matches
- 21:00 to 23:00 CET: Group D matches
Saturday, April 4th - Group stage elimination matches
- 11:00 to 14:00 CET: Group A elimination matches
- 14:00 to 17:00 CET: Group B elimination matches
- 17:00 to 20:00 CET: Group C elimination matches
- 20:00 to 23:00 CET: Group D elimination matches
Sunday, April 5th - Quarterfinals, semifinals and grand final
- 11:30 to 17:30 CET: Quarterfinal matches
- 17:30 to 20:30 CET: Semifinal matches
- 20:45 to 22:45 CET: Grand final match
Prize money and WCS point distribution
The 2015 WCS Season 1 finals will offer a large amount of WCS points to its participants, which are needed to qualify for the global finals at the end of the year as well as a share of the huge US$145,000 prize pool.
For the complete prize distribution, refer to the tables below:
Prize pool distribution
WCS point distribution
|1st place||2000 points|
|2nd place||1250 points|
|3rd-4th place||900 points|
|5th-8th place||600 points|
|9th-12th place||400 points|
|13th - 16th place||300 points|
The quickest way to get the latest updates during the finals.
- ESL StarCraft II Twitter account
- Official ESL Facebook page
- Official ESL Twitter account
- Official WCS hashtag: #WCS
For the Twitter accounts of the players, head back to the participating players section above!
Who’s your pick to win it all? Let us know in the comments below! And check out our preview of the round of 16.