Forza players, get ready for the largest Forza Racing Championship to date! The inaugural season of the ForzaRC will be broadcasted by ESL and in the weekly ESL Play cups you’ll have the chance to qualify for the grand finals, where some amazing prizes are up for grabs, including a brand new 2017 Ford Focus RS. Check out what awaits you in both the Elite Series, as well as the Open Series.
In the elite series, 12 players will get the chance to compete in the grand finals for the coveted, ultimate prize, the 2017 Ford Focus RS. In the spirit of the grand prize, players will be racing in Ford stock cars each week, without any upgrades or tuning.
In order to qualify for the weekly Elite Series Cups on ESL Play, a Forza RC Elite Series Rivals Qualifier event will determine the 128 top players who will be eligible to compete in the ESL Play Cups. You can find the tournament structure below, as well as further information and registration on the ESL Play hub.
Elite Series Week 1 – August 8-13th
2015 Ford Mustang GT on Autodromo Internationale Monza
- Elite Series Week 1 Rivals Qualifying – August 8-11th (Top 128 advance to Elite Series Week 1 Cup)
- Elite Series Week 1 Series Cup via ESL Play – August 13th (Top 16 advance to Elite Series Week 1 Showdown)
- Elite Series Week 1 Showdown – August 14th (Top 4 advance to ForzaRC Elite Series Grand Finals)
Elite Series Week 2 – August 15-20th
2013 Ford Formula Ford EcoBoost 200 at Catalunya
- Elite Series Week 2 Rivals Qualifying – August 15-18th (Top 128 advance to Elite Series Week 2 Cup)
- Elite Series Week 2 Series Cup via ESL Play – August 20th (Top 12 advance to Elite Series Week 2 Showdown)
- Elite Series Week 2 Showdown – August 21st (Top 4 advance to ForzaRC Elite Series Grand Finals)
Elite Series Week 3 – August 22–27th
2016 Ford #66 Ford Racing GT Le Mans at Watkins Glen Full
- Elite Series Week 3 Rivals Qualifying – August 22-25th (Top 128 advance to Elite Series Week 3 Cup)
- Elite Series Week 3 Series Cup via ESL Play – August 27 (Top 12 advance to Elite Series Week 3 Showdown)
- Elite Series Week 3 Showdown – August 28 (Top 4 advance to ForzaRC Elite Series Grand Finals)
The Grand Finals of the Elite Series Season 1 will take place a on September 4th and will be broadcasted by ESL on Forza’s Twitch channel.
In addition to the Elite Series, there will be an Open Series League, where anybody has the chance to showcase their skills. Players will be automatically grouped into skill divisions, guaranteeing that all players compete against similarly skilled opponents. The schedule is as follows:
Open Series Week 1 League – August 8 - 14
ForzaRC Week 1 League starring the 2015 Ford Mustang GT and a variety of tracks
Open Series Week 2 League – August 15 - 21
ForzaRC Week 2 League starring the 2013 Ford Formula Ford EcoBoost 200 and a variety of tracks
Open Series Week 3 League – August 22 - 28
ForzaRC Week 2 League starring the 2016 Ford #66 Ford Racing GT Le Mans and a variety of tracks
Competitors in the Open Series will have the chance to claim a number of prizes, ranging from Forza DLC codes to special bonus cars, such as 1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III. In order to be eligible for any of the prizes while taking part in the Open Series, make sure to register to the Open Series via the ESL Play site.
Do you have what it takes to win the Forza Racing Championship Season 1? Be sure to check out the official Forza website and follow ESL Forza on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and updates regarding the tournament!