Here you can find out all the important information about what we’re up to at gamescom as well maps, merchandise and more.
Here’s a sneak peek of a few things we have in store for you at gamescom…
Get involved on social media and win!
To celebrate their cooperation, Cooler Master and ESL will also be giving away a whole lot of CM Storm gear. Participate for a chance to get your hands on gaming headsets, keyboards, mice and mousepads, with more details on what can be won in the giveaway widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
As the world’s largest and oldest eSports organization, it’s pretty much a must for us to have plenty of these in our arena!
Get involved with eSports
Those wanting to see the pros in action can check out:
- The ESL Pro Series FIFA 14 and StarCraft II Summer Finals - Watch as the best players in Germany clash in €1,400 FIFA 14 and €6,200 StarCraft II summer finals
- The ESL One Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament - Come and see the top 16 CS:GO teams in the world fight it out for a massive US$250,000 prize pool
- The ESL One Battlefield 4 Summer Season Finals - Be there as the summer season of ESL One concludes live onstage and world-class Battlefield players compete for a chunk of the €30,000 prize pool
- Dr Pepper Allstar - See League of Legends teams trained by Fnatic midlaner xPeke and SK Gaming’s nRated go head to head for first place and a glut of awesome gaming gear
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Get to grips with Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo 2: Anniversary and try your hand at winning $10,000 in an epic pre-launch 4v4 tournament
- Killzone Shadow Fall - Sign up as a full team or individual players for your chance at getting your hands on part of a €5,000 prize pool as well as being name the best Killzone Shadow Fall players at gamescom
Play gamesIf you can do without the first-hand thrill of competition, we are also playing host to a number of free play games for you to get stuck in to.
At the ESL Arena, you’ll be able to find:
- SMITE - Assume the role of a god in Hi-Rez Studios’ innovative third-person MOBA and prove your divinity
- Heroes of Newerth - Try out the brand new Prophets game mode as well as taking a shot at winning a €1,000 grand prize
- Nosgoth - Take a bite out of Psyonix and Square Enix’s upcoming free-to-play multiplayer action game and lead your fellow vampires or hunters to victory
- Final Fantasy XIV Battleground - Try a little some fast-paced PVP action in Square Enix’s hugely popular Final Fantasy MMO
- Evolve - Get hunting in the latest version of 2K’s unreleased FPS survival game (check out what Lauren "Pansy" Scott and Jason Kaplan had to say about it)
- Warframe - Check out Digital Extremes’ fast-paced space ninja title including a live stream featuring a Q&A with the developers
- Paradox - Get to grips with Kickstarter success Pillars of Eternity, RPG epic Runemaster and grand strategy bestseller Europa Universalis IV
- The Indie MEGABOOTH - With 34 indie titles to choose from (and all of the games’ developers there to talk you through them), you’re spoilt for choice at the Indie MEGABOOTH
Click for a larger version
Get hands on with awesome gaming gearAt the ESL Arena at gamescom, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to get up close and personal with some great gaming gear (and even win some of it). If you want to try it for yourself, you may want to investigate these booths:
- Kingston HyperX - As well as being able to experience the latest HyperX products, you can also play a little League of Legends and even meet, greet and challenge some of Alliance and SK Gaming’s top players
- Western Digital - Free for all League of Legends along with Western Digital’s flagship products and the Cologne leg of the hotly contested Black Monster Cup
- GAEMS - Check out the latest in portable gaming technology in the form of the Vanguard Case and other innovative GAEMS products
- Plantronics - Well known for their awesome headsets in particular, here at the Plantronics stand hearing is believing
- Logitech - Used by gamers across the world, the Logitech booth gives you a chance to try out the latest Logitech hardware
- NEEDforSEAT - A great gaming experience starts with a great chair, and NEEDforSEAT have you covered
Watch and learnWith some of the best eSports talent around, why not take the opportunity to boost your video gaming prowess by learning from the best? Here’s how:
- Red Bull Gaming Ground - Drop by the ESL Studios to learn from the pros up close and personal as well as chill with barbecue and drinks in the evenings (here’s five reasons why you should)
- Media Markt showmatches - Visit the Media Markt truck for a chance to challenge the pros as well as watch them in action
- CM Storm Stage - Here you'll find League of Legends showmatches featuring Copenhagen Wolves and Supa Hot Crew both, who will be playing against each other and the crowd, as well as a load of other cool showcases and events including free to play gaming
Check out the Twitch Showcase StageLet’s face it: gamescom, wouldn’t be gamescom without some exclusive previews of upcoming releases. Luckily for you, we have you covered there, too, thanks to the Twitch Showcase Stage. With announcements, trailers, reveals and streams from a number of different publishers and developers throughout the week, you’re sure to find some awesome new games to look forward to and try.
Here are just a few of the awesome things to check out on the Twitch Showcase Stage:
- Brand new title reveals
- Nailbiting eSports tournaments
- Publisher panels
- Previews of unreleased games
- Streams from games industry giants
- Things we’re not even allowed to tell you about yet
- Much, much more!
Additionally, don’t forget to keep an eye on the official ESL Arena by CM Storm hub page for further updates on all the awesome things we have happening at gamescom. See you there